National Travel Assistance


The National Travel Assistance Scheme helps people financially who are referred by their publicly funded specialist (not a GP) onto another publicly funded specialist and need to travel long distances or travel frequently.  The specialists must both be part of a government-funded health and disability service.

If eligible, you will receive assistance towards your travel and possibly your accommodation costs. Your specialist will need to approve accommodation and specialised transport needs, this includes taxi, mobility taxi, or air travel.

Travel by private vehicle or public transport is assessed on registration.